About Dignity Bath & Spa
THE WRAP is a swimsuit fabric coverup that wraps around the body to keep privates covered while a caregiver bathes a loved one.
- RESTORE DIGNITY | covers private areas
- NURTURE CONVERSATION | ability to focus on talking versus uncomfortable feelings
- INCREASE SAFETY | wet skin is slippery, THE WRAP may help to reduce losing grip. Also, stand closer and respond more quickly to a Loved One’s movements
- CLEANSE BETTER | use as a washcloth – the perforated, but gentle fabric, allows bubbles to form.
- PROVIDE COMFORT | layer of fabric between seat and tush
- THE WRAP MAY NOT FULLY COVER BODY – THIS IS INTENTIONAL TO LET BODY FEEL THE WATER.
Dignity Bath & Spa was founded out of the founder’s own experience helping her dad who has Alzheimer’s. The bathing experience was stressful as the founder didn’t feel comfortable being in the bathroom so she talked her dad through the undressing and bathing process outside of the bathroom door. This was ineffective and dangerous, plus her dad was not getting clean. To solve these problems she created THE WRAP.
The company was founded in 2021 and has experienced success on Amazon and via the website. CVS offered a pilot of 500 stores in 2022, but leadership changes and shelf space have prolonged the start date.
Currently one size is offered which fits most love ones but due to some feedback a larger WRAP is in production. Additional product in the pipeline is a WRAP TOWEL which will help make the drying off and dressing processes safer and with dignity.
Growth is planned via retail establishments, Amazon and government contracts with the VA.